One Lovely Blog AwardHow exciting is this, Mary from Brissiemaz, has kindly nominated Serena's Secret Gardens for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am indeed humbled and recommend you have a look at her blog, she is in the process of writing a book about her trip to England and publishing her writings here on her blog, along with some totally gorgeous photos. http://brissiemaz.me/
Click on the link to have a read of her gorgeous blog and read about her travels and other things too!
I understand there are three rules to accepting a One Lovely Blog Award:
1) Give credit to the person who nominated you., thanks Mary !
2) Describe 7 things about you.
Now this sounds easier than it may actually be but here goes!
1.I'm a total plant nut, i love all things plantae, grasses, flowers, trees, creepers, fruit and veggies,cacti, succulents...and so it goes
2. I'm a mad chicken lady, I have 6 chooks and given the opportunity would probably have more
3. We live in Melbourne, Australia in the South Eastern state of Victoria
4. I am mum to a sixteen year and my partner is a workaholic engineer
5. We are a homestay family and often host overseas students and WWOOFers (willing workers on organic farms)
6. I'm a bit of a hippie and love making things from scratch, baking bread, making my own soap and cooking from scratch, creating things with my hands,
7. I cant tolerate waste this is one of my absolute pet hates, and I'm loveing that the world is becoming aware of how much we waste, but we need to do more.
Now comes the fun part!
3) Nominate 15 bloggers.
- http://beccasgardenspot.blogspot.com.au/ a lovely read and some great advice and gorgeous pics
- http://ourfrenchgarden.blogspot.com.au/ cant get to France anytime soon have a look at Robs gorgeous blog it may encourage you to get there sooner!
- http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com.au/ interested in simple living and how to cut costs and help your environment Rhonda has a lot of interesting advice and great recipes.
- Backgrounds and decorations galor for your blog or website are a but a click away check out what Karen has for you at http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com.au/
- http://www.greeningofgavin.com/ want to learn how to make cheese or butter or a whole bunch of other stuff check out Gavins blog he's and Aussie bloke to can turn his hand to pretty much anything
- http://alicepyne.blogspot.com.au/ This blog "Alice's Bucket List" is the writings of a teenager living in Britain who is battling with cancer. It's an enlightening and humbling read
- http://firstadream.blogspot.com.au/ you'll get some great ideas from Denise for projects to put a bit of zing into your decorating
- http://slowgardener.blogspot.com.au/ Sue at Diary of a Suburban Gardener has a beautiful garden in the eastern suburbs here in Melbourne. She has some great ideas too and takes gorgeous photos, a delightuf read!
- http://www.innerpickle.com.au/ is a gorgeous blog with some equally gorgeous recipes!
- http://balconyofdreams.blogspot.com.au/ read Cecilias blog of her wonderful life and travels in Aus and Japan and other places
- http://ilonagarden.blogspot.com.au/ a lovely interesting garden blog
- http://firstadream.blogspot.com.au/ Denise who lives in Georgia US has a real nack for making something beautiful out of a piece of junk. She has tutorials too so have a look.
- http://achievablegardens.blogspot.com.au/ written by Kate Galea a local landscaper and very knowledgable garden professional. Have a read she has some really interesting and informative advice
- Another background and decorations blog is http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/ you'll find some really cool graphics for your blog, webpage or social network page here, well worth a look
- Also another great blog is at http://northmobilegardensociety.blogspot.com.au/ a blog written by Dirt Princess about gardening decorating, living in Southern USA , Trials and Tribulations of a Southern Gardener well worth a read.